People Power Grand Prix Create a human powered go-cart
Take your team to the racetrack with the thrills, spills and excitement of people powered karting
Introducing People Power Grand Prix…
At the age of 7, with his first rickety go-kart, Lewis Hamilton visited Rye House kart track and it was here that he learned his trade. It is often said that the best racers start in karting, so why not bring the high-octane excitement, thrills, spills and glamour of this exhilarating sport to your conference or corporate programme with People Power Grand Prix? Having earned go-kart components through a series of innovative challenges, your teams will build high-tech, human-powered go-karts of the type many of us built from old pram wheels as children. People Powered Grand Prix is as demanding on minds as it is on muscles and it will be vital that your teams perform like well-oiled machines if they are to master the frenetic and compulsory pit stops for tyre, engine and driver changes. An outdoor event, complete with flags, starting lights, trackside advertising and race marshals, People Power Grand Prix can be staged as a simple sixty-minute build-and-race competition through to a half-day teambuilding Grand Prix spectacular. Whatever your requirements, this event is sure to end on a high note as your champions take to the podium and enjoy the inevitable magnum of Champagne!
What will happen during People Power Grand Prix?
- Starting in the pits, your teams will begin by constructing their cars from scratch, complete with bucket seat, lightweight tubular chassis, pneumatic wide-wheels and touch-sensitive steering.
- To earn the components for their cars, each team must take on a series of innovative challenges that will test the mental, creative and physical skills of the entire team.
- Drivers, pit crew and ‘pushers’ (the ‘horse-power’ behind the engine) will be allocated their roles.
- As every second counts, each individual in your teams must work to hone their designated skills and contribute to team tactics.
- Each team will also need to develop and rehearse their race strategy and team overalls may need to be designed.
- Last minute preparations complete, the racetrack now awaits!
- Each team’s position on the grid will be determined by their performance during the earlier challenges.
- However, once the race starts anything can happen, so each team still has everything to race for!
- In a grand finale, winners will be announced and prizes awarded.