Introducing Brand National…By challenging your delegates to invent both their own country and national identity, Brand National provides the perfect opportunity for your teams to explore the importance of a brand and how its influence extends far beyond the company logo. We all know that a distinctive message, culture and identity are vital to any business: they not only create a unique brand for your company but they also act to bring your people together with shared vision, values and purpose. The same goes for nations. Over time, national identities are influenced by history, geography and culture and, just like companies, nations must foster, cultivate and celebrate what makes them unique. In an unusual, fun and creative teambuilding event, your teams will explore the full process of creating an identity, from politics to cultural tradition, from the influence of location to trading with others. Brand National is a truly memorable event that enables your teams to share in the creation of vision and identity right from the start.
What will happen during Brand National?
- To begin, your teams will select at random a distinctive piece of instrumental music; they will then use this music as a source of inspiration to visualise their new country and nation.
- The country they are inspired to create may be a free-spirited, volcanic island with a chilly climate; a hot and humid, mountainous, land-locked kingdom covered in lush vegetation; or anything in between.
- Throughout this event, your teams will use their music for inspiration as they debate and create for their nation a political manifesto; industrial and cultural traditions; and even culinary delights, social pastimes and sporting prowess.
- Your teams will also be given identical treasure chests containing useful paraphernalia and some currency.
- The currency given to each team enables them to purchase all manner of materials, including tools, haberdashery and accessories.
- Using these materials, your teams are able to create their identity with patriotic fervour and even design their own national dress.
- To share in each other’s global adventures, each team will present their nation by narrating their country’s independence celebrations whilst their citizens celebrate in national dress.
- As an optional extra, your teams may present their countries in a high energy climax as if they were attending an inaugural global festival, complete with national flags, anthems and dances (choreographed to their original music).
Learning and development outcomes
Brand National is a great way to explore the importance of a brand and how its influence extends far beyond the company logo to the behaviour of each and every member of the organisation.