International Stakes Bet on your colleagues at the races
Find out who in your team will be first past the post with this fun and frenzied trip to the races
Introducing International Stakes…
From Royal Ascot to the Grand National, there is nothing quite like the spectacle of a thoroughbred thundering down the track. International Stakes is a fantastic icebreaker that brings the excitement, glamour, passion and nail-biting tension of horse racing to your event. No old video footage here, International Stakes is an interactive and physical, jocular day at the races where your participants play the parts of horse, rider and trainer, all geed on by an overenthusiastic crowd. Everyone can bet on their colleagues, rig the odds, nobble the runners and riders and still lose their shirts by the end of the night! Whether you win or lose, everyone is guaranteed a great time with International Stakes as they wait with baited breath to find out who will be first past the post!
What will happen during International Stakes?
- Your room will be set with a six-lane racecourse.
- Beyond the finishing line will be six separate zones where each team’s ‘horsepower’ sits.
- Your jockeys - complete with silks and crop - will stand poised and waiting in their zone.
- At the starting line stand your six horses: magnificent carved wooden beasts that are connected with cord to thick wooden reels held by the ‘horsepower’ just beyond the finish line.
- At the sound of the starting gun, your horses will be off!
- Whilst the crowd shouts encouragement, your jockeys must urge their mounts on by frantically winding in their reels to move the horses up the track.
- An amusing live commentary will add to the frenzied excitement.
- Each race will come from a different part of the world: from the Grand National to the Melbourne Cup; from The Kentucky Derby to the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe.
- Theming and music will help to create an electric atmosphere, whilst Big Bad Bertie, our infamous bookie, sets the odds and takes the bets.
- Each stable’s performance will be judged by the amount of money made from betting, so intelligence, strategy and clever tactics will be vital to success.