Introducing Photopoly…Bringing Monopoly to life, Photopoly is a living and active version of the world’s most famous board game. A passport to adventure, Photopoly brings strategy, creativity and teamwork together in an exciting, whirlwind tour of your conference city. As your teams visit the famous streets of your city, the aim is not to buy them up and build houses and hotels but to take photographs of their team recreating the extraordinary scenes described in their team handbook. Clever planning and strategy are crucial in Photopoly, as is a sense of urgency and an imaginative streak. The team that thinks before it acts and displays some creative flair, together with a dash of commercial acumen, is sure to perform well. Photopoly is a teambuilding experience that can be tailored to any city and to your conference messages. Successfully staged all over the world, it is a refreshing, stimulating and dynamic adventure that will inject energy into any conference or corporate programme.
What will happen during Photopoly?
- Before your delegates hit the city’s streets, each team will be equipped with a camera, city plan, Chance and Community Chest cards and a bespoke booklet of instructions.
- At each of the locations, their task is to take a photograph of their team undertaking a challenge set in their instruction booklet.
- The tasks are varied, creative and tailored to take maximise your teams’ experience of your conference messages, your location and the local surroundings.
- The challenges are the same for every team; however, the way in which they interpret each assignment, capture the photograph and write an amusing caption will be unique.
- As with the original board game, teams that undertake ‘sets’ of challenges will score more than they do for ‘one-offs’.
- For this reason, due consideration of the location of each challenge in respect to the time available will be vitally important to achieve a high score.
- Your teams must also use their Chance, Community Chest and Get Out Of Jail Free cards wisely if they wish to ‘monopolise’ their competition!
Learning and development outcomes
A living version of the world’s most famous board game, Photopoly brings together strategy, creativity and teamwork in a whirlwind tour of your conference city. It guarantees a refreshing, stimulating and fascinating adventure into team dyamics as it injects energy into any conference programme.
Planning and strategy are vital in Photopoly. The team that thinks before taking action will be the winning team!