Introducing The Discovery Challenge…Challenging your teams to realistically deal with the age old dichotomy between planning and action, The Discovery Challenge combines satellite technology, digital photography and exclusively designed paperwork to create an adventure based on your city’s history, mystery and fascinating sights. Your teams will need to scour the city for elusive information by navigating their way around the sights using up-to-the-minute equipment: this will involve code-breaking and the deciphering of vital information, whilst requiring planning, foresight and straightforward sleuthing if your teams are to achieve their objectives. Simultaneously, The Discovery Challenge tests your teams’ intellectual, physical and creative capabilities, whilst conference and product messages can be easily integrated into this event to reinforce key points. The Discovery Challenge encourages a sense of adventure, generates teamwork and competition and has a strong sense of fun. It will have everyone in your teams working together in unconventional ways and it will leave you all with a unique memory of an amazing shared experience.
What will happen during The Discovery Challenge?
- Your teams will compete against each other by rotating around a series of waypoints, guided by GPS devices and ancient ‘quest wheels’ tailored to your event’s objectives.
- The discovery wheel holds the clues to the adventure, so your teams must work out how to decipher its mysteries and break the various codes.
- At each waypoint there will be a task or puzzle for your teams to solve.
- As your teams complete each challenge they will be rewarded with the coordinates for their next waypoint and a cryptic clue as to the task that awaits them.
- At some locations your teams will be left to their own devices, whilst at others they will encounter rather interesting characters who may assist them or pass on vital information.
- On completion of their last challenge, your teams will have all the information they need to make the discovery wheel reveal the location of their final destination where all scores and adventures will be compared.
Learning and development outcomes
The Discovery Challenge generates a strong spirit of teamwork, competition and fun. The Discovery Challenge will bring out the Indiana Jones in every member of your organisation, get them working with others in unconventional ways and leave them with a unique memory of an amazing shared experience.
Conference or product messages can be easily integrated within the challenges themselves to get your team learning while having a fun shared experience together.