Introducing Rags To Riches…
Rags To Riches is a teambuilding event with a difference: not only does it benefit your team but it also benefits your whole community, either locally or nationally. By fusing corporate social responsibility with human interaction, Rags To Riches creates a unique, fulfilling and giving experience for your whole team. Gradually, many of us have become aware that we live in a throwaway society and although we have become more conscious of our day-to-day behaviours, we still have a considerable way to go in making life more sustainable. Rags To Riches encourages you to recycle unwanted items that would have otherwise been unceremoniously dumped on the local tip. In an event that mobilises your whole team, you’ll both donate and create, proving that teamwork really can make a difference both to yourselves and to the world around you.
What will happen during Rags to Riches?
- During the lead up to your conference and in cooperation with you, we identify local or national charities that would benefit from your Rags To Riches event.
- We then help you to organise the collection of unwanted clothing, tinned food and any other recyclable items from the delegates that will be attending your forthcoming conference. These items are collected in huge bins at specific points around your offices.
- At the same time, and in consultation with you, we design a bespoke one-off image of your company logo, brand or a specific image relevant to your conference.
- At the conference, we will have already marked out the grid lines of the image (the bigger the image the better!).
- Each team will then carefully follow their unique, coloured design sheet and by using the plethora of donated materials, they will transfer the image onto their marked out area.
- You may choose whether to complete Rags To Riches collectively or to complete your image during the natural breaks in your conference agenda.
- At the end of the event, there will be an ideal photo opportunity as everyone celebrates their collective creativity.
- We then arrange for the delivery of all your goods to the charities you have chosen as both you and they benefit from donating items to a just and worthy cause!
Corporate Social Responsibility ideas
Rags To Riches was developed specifically with CSR in mind. To see how other activities can be used in a CSR context please visit our CSR page here and explore the links to the teambuilding activities listed.